The ‘Govnah’ – Modular Regulated Gas Blocks
MicroMOA is proud to introduce a new innovative line of regulated gas blocks for civilian, military and law enforcement users of the AR15, M16 and M4 weapon system platforms.
The Govnah modular gas block is now patented. US Patent Number 8,596,185.
Features of the Govnah Gas Regulation System
No other regulated gas block on the market can claim all of the following features:
- Modular – gas regulator can be changed by end user, for different barrel lengths/calibers
- No special tools – use a bullet to change position, you just push the tip of a bullet on the regulator plate (As seen in the 3rd picture above). You do NOT push on the leg of the spring to change position. You only do that when swapping regulators. (Not something you would do in the field).
- 2 or 3 position available, typically 2 position is for suppressed/unsuppressed, 3 position can be off/suppressed/full or optimal/suppressed/adverse (3 position is currently only available as a custom plate see Specs page for more info).
- Regulation is done by actual port sizes so you know exactly how big the gas port is – no guesswork. This also means that you can quickly verify if the regulator port is getting worn out by inserting a drill bit or gage pin into the gas port of the regulator plate. The regulator plates are harder/tougher than the barrels themselves and will most likely outlast your barrel but are easily replaceable in the case of wear* or for different configurations. See Installation page for more info. *If you do ‘wear’ out a plate we will replace it at no charge (you would have to send your old plate in for examination so we can see if it was truly firing wear and not by drilling / tampering). We have not been able to wear out a plate doing over 2,000 rounds of full auto fire running 45 round mag dumps of corrosive, abrasive 5.45 out of an 8″ barrel. See this link for more details on that testing.
- Uses standard UNMODIFIED gas tubes
- Works with most rail systems with no modifications (as small as 1.22” ID for 2 position or 1.365″ ID for 3 position). Rail needs a hole or slot where the bullet needs to pass through. Basically, if you can touch the gas block with a bullet, the Govnah will most likely work for your rail system.
See Pics page for some customer pics showing the Govnah installed with various rail systems.
- Also works with gas piston conversion kits that replace standard gas tubes
Active duty LE or Military, please contact us BEFORE ordering for a 10% discount with your ID.
Not sure what to order or don’t see the configuration you want? Please look at the Specs page for more details. Basically a custom plate can handle any (yes 300BLK and .308) configuration you need as long as you have a .750″ gas block seat diameter.
**Note that all Govnah Gas blocks already come with TWO regulator plates: (1) *Milspec and (1) Extra Gas plate (or two custom if you order a ‘custom’ 2 or 3 position). So you only need to order individual plates if you are changing configurations, tinkering etc..
- * “Milspec” plate – the term Milspec is referencing use with Milspec ammo (M193/M855), buffer spring (Sprinco White Standard Power) and buffer (H2) it is not referencing the plate itself
- Extra gas plate – for use with weaker ammo, stronger springs or heavier buffer
- Custom plates – you determine the configuration you need, see link for more details
Introducing the ‘Baby Govnah’ – the low cost simple solution to correct an over-gassed barrel.
Some people have gone through the trouble of buying a 16″ barrel since they typically have smaller gas ports then chopping them down/re-threading to a shorty of around 10.3″ or 11.5″ etc just to get the port size down.
This is for those of you that don’t care to have an adjustable gas block but do need to reduce the size of your gas port and you know what port size you need.
Again, the Baby Govnah is NOT adjustable. You must drill it out to your specifications.
The Baby Govnah is ‘Blacktrided’ by H&M Metal Processing which is Ferritic Nitrocarburizing.
Introducing suppressor ready barrels that have been tuned for optimal performance.
Comes with a 3 position regulator plate by default with the following configuration:
Left – Optimal Unsuppressed – for use with quality ammunition
Middle – Suppressed
Right – Adverse – for use when gun is too dirty to run quality ammunition. Also use this position with lower pressure ammunition. Has been reported to work with Simunitions and frangibles without having to resort to buffer or spring changes.
If you would prefer a two position regulator or different configuration, please contact us.
Only one regulator plate is provided with barrel/Govnah combo since everything is already pre-tuned.
Please click here for more details on these barrels.
Fluted 1/7 twist match grade barrels are chambered in 223 Wylde using Feddersen’s patented Hybrid (SEP) Single Edge Polygonal rifling. We guarantee sub MOA accuracy using match grade ammo. The tight bore and rifling design provides an excellent seal on the bullet resulting in consistent and reliable back pressures greatly needed with short dwell time configurations such as the 16″ rifle length gas*, 12.5″ Mid and 10.5″ carbine.
All Mid-length uppers will come with nitrided gas tubes at no additional charge while supplies last (sorry, no rifle length Nitrided gas tubes at this time).
Uppers are milspec flat top from AO Precision
*The 16″ Rifle Gas is geared towards the competition shooter. Please check out this link for further details specific to this configuration.
All the above configurations support the 3 position regulator plate with no modifications.
11″ – 11.5″ rails are less common for the 12.5″ Mid Length.
Pictured below in order from top to bottom:
11″ Troy VTAC Alpha – 3 position OK
12.1″ PWS Rail – 2 Position
11.5″ CIM Tactical – 2 Position
11″ CMMG – 2 Position
We have an overrun of these specific barrels pictured below. These were made for a dealer that backed out of the deal. These are the same match grade Feddersen Patented (SEP) Rifling but are different in what we normally sell in that they:
- Are ported for optimal unsuppressed usage using quality brass cased ammo while barrels that come with Govnah’s are tuned a little larger for adverse.
- Not dimpled for the Govnah
- Nitrided by a different company at a lower cost. Basically these are rated for 500 hrs salt spray while the ones we normally sell are 900 hrs.Once these are gone, we will not be offering them again at this price.
As with our other 5.56 / .223 Wylde barrels, we guarantee sub MOA accuracy with these* barrels as well using match grade ammo.
*Except the 7.5″. We have never tried shooting that barrel at distance so cannot guarantee that is sub MOA. All other barrels have been confirmed to be sub MOA with match grade ammo.
Note – all the above only pertains to the 5.56 barrels. The 9mm barrels are made from Green Mountain blanks.
These are the same barrels that are offered in our uppers and barrel/Govnah combos but are not dimpled for the Govnah and ported for optimal un-suppressed usage.
1/7 Twist, chambered for .223 Wylde. Blacknitrided.
As with all of our 5.56 / .223 Wylde offerings, we guarantee sub MOA accuracy with match grade ammo.